Stickers and Decals are versatile and cost-effective, allowing you to keep decorating without worrying about the cost. In this guide today, we will be providing you with tips on how to customise your child’s room with stickers.
A labour of love, decorating a child’s room can be a demanding task. Many say that decorating a child’s room is far more challenging than designing an adult’s. Because children grow up so quickly, their taste will change as time goes on.
Whether it be due to time constraints or a lack of artistic ability, parents often don’t know what they should do. Wall stickers and others like it can be the solution to your dilemma.
Table of Contents
Think About a Theme
With so many sticker options to choose from, how will you ever know where to start? A great idea is to get your child involved in the planning. You can bond with your child while coming up with great ideas to create their dream room. It’s a great way for you to learn about what your child is interested in and teach them the value of discussion.
Once you’ve gathered enough ideas, you can start decorating. Custom stickers can come in all shapes and sizes, making them fun to experiment with. You can also pick out a variety of different designs to apply to your child’s taste. Don’t worry about messing up as you go, as stickers are easily removable.
Here are some themes we think your children will like:
- Dinosaur-themed: With the strategic sticker placement, you can recreate scenes out of Jurassic Park. Along with the scenery, you can use various kinds of dinosaurs to give the room a prehistoric feel, bringing back a time when giants roamed the Earth.
- Sea-themed: If your child loves the ocean, then this theme is worth using. You can use colourful images to show the beauty of the sea. Don’t forget to add an animal or two. You can even add a pirate ship with a map of the world.
- Jungle-themed: Simple yet effective, this theme works well with any child who’s interested in animals. You can add sorts of creatures and foliage to stir up your child’s wild imagination.
How to Choose the Ideal Sticker and Decals
You might become overwhelmed with what kind of sticker you should use for your child’s room. It depends on how old the child is. Above, we spoke about discussing your ideas with your child. But if your child is still an infant or toddler, it will be up to you to choose. Here are some suggestions:
- Infant’s room: With this room, you suggest using stickers with fewer details and a neutral colour scheme. Because babies have short attention spans, a colour sticker can distract them during bedtime. It should also be noted that excessive stimuli are not healthy for babies.
- Toddler’s room: From this age onwards, children will begin to develop their personal preferences. In addition to this, children at this age will be getting their own beds. With a newfound sense of independence, you should choose stickers that respect your child’s age group and personality.
Don’t Limit Yourself
When you think about using stickers, the image of sticking it to walls comes to mind. However, you shouldn’t limit yourself to only using the walls. You can apply stickers and vinyl lettering to just about any surface you can find. Ceilings, doors, and even large furniture are good places to stick your stickers. Another fun option is putting stickers on the floor.
You don’t need to worry about removing these stickers in the future, as they are very easy to remove. With a variety of different sizes, you can find something that is suitable anywhere.
Making Things Interactive
There are various ways that you can make stickers interactive for your children. A great example would be to create a chalkboard or whiteboard using wall decals. These decals encourage your child to explore their artistic side. Don’t forget to provide markers and colour chalk to your child.
You don’t need to worry about the mess being made either. Chalk and markers are easily washed off and decals are built to withstand almost anything. So let your child go whatever they please and have fun.
As you start decorating your child’s room, don’t forget to try new things! You may help your child stumble upon a passion that they haven’t yet discovered. A well-decorated room can encourage your child to pursue the things they like and more.
If you see more custom Stickers and Decals, Let’s visit out Sticker Market!