In the previous blog, we discuss how to make your digital artwork ready for printing. This time, in this blog, we go over the best online marketplaces where you can sell stickers with your original designs.
Table of Contents
On top of our list of recommended creative marketplaces is Etsy. It’s the most popular global platform for selling and buying handmade goods (products made and/or designed by the seller). The platform has a large and active community of buyers, with stickers as the most searched item on the site.
Setting up a shop is easy, so you can start selling immediately. Etsy also offers several features to help you promote your stickers at low costs. That includes offsite advertising for your product, and you only pay a certain amount when you make a sale from those ads.
How to sell on Etsy:
1. Go to www.etsy.com/uk/sell, and click the “Open your Etsy Shop” button.
Provide basic information about you, such as your name, email address, and shipping address, to create an account.
2. Set up your shop by choosing a name for your sticker shop, adding a business description, and setting up your shipping and payment preferences.
3. List your stickers. Prepare clear photos of your actual products and a detailed description of the design and the materials used. Note that it costs £0.16 to publish a listing to the marketplace.
eBay is another popular marketplace with a large audience of buyers. Although it is not quite reputable as a platform for handmade items, you can still find a lot of makers who sell their items there.
The site allows you to sell stickers through auctions or “buy it now” listings. Your first 1,000 listings each month are free, and you’ll pay a final value fee for sold items, plus a fixed charge of 30p per order.
How to sell on eBay:
1. Go to ebay.co.uk and register a business account. Provide basic information, such as your business name, email, and location.
2. Start your listing by clicking the “List an item” button. Describe the item you are selling, the condition, and other specifications.
3. Complete your listing by adding images and categories and setting buyer requirements.
Amazon is a great platform for selling your stickers if you want to reach a wider audience. The site has a global reach and offers several features to help you promote your stickers, such as product listings, marketing campaigns, and shipping services.
There are two plan options available when setting up your account: Individual (you sell fewer than 35 items a month) and Professional (you sell more than 35 items a month). For the Individual plan, you pay 75p per sale, while you pay £25 per month when you use the Professional plan.
How to sell on Amazon
1. Go to sell.amazon.co.uk and click the “Sign up” button. Provide the necessary information.
2. Make a product listing. If someone else is selling the same product on Amazon, match their listing. Otherwise, create a new listing if you’re the first or only seller.
3. Complete your product listing by providing the SKU, product title, description and bullet points, images, search terms and relevant keywords.
Folksy is a UK-based online marketplace best for selling handmade crafts and original artworks. The platform is specifically open to self-representing artists, designers, and makers. Additionally, only residents in the UK are allowed to sell on the site. This is the best platform to sell your unique designs to a more local audience.
How to sell on Folksy
1. Go to folksy.com/selling and click the “Start selling” button. You can choose to avail of the Basic plan for 18p per item or the Folksy Plus plan (£75 yearly or £7.50 monthly).
2. Add a new listing by filling out the one-page form with descriptions and images of your products.
3. Click the “LIST ITEM” button to publish the listing on your shop.
Be sure to partner with a trusted printing company near you to create high-quality stickers. Set competitive prices and promote your products through social media. Most importantly, provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries and resolving any problems quickly.